Data Protection Declaration
Provider and responsible authority within the meaning of the Data Protection Act
E. Jacobsen GmbH
Große Elbstraße 14
Tel.: (+49) 40 4318 73-0
Fax: (+49) 40 4318 73-20
You can reach our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
1. Scope of Application
Thank you for your interest in our website. The protection of your personal data is important to us. We would therefore like to inform you here about the collection and use of personal data on our website.
The Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the EU Data Protection Ordinance (DS-GVO) and the Telemedia Act (TMG) form the legal framework for data protection.
2. Information on the Collection of Your Personal Data
(1) In the following, we provide information about the collection of personal data during use of our website. Personal data is all data that is personally related to you, e.g., name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behaviour.
(2)The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4(7) EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (DS-GVO) is E. Jacobsen GmbH, represented by the Managing Director Mr Thomas Bär, Große Elbstraße 14, 22767 Hamburg, e-mail: email@example.com
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
(4) If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
3. Collection of Personal Data during Visits to Our Website
(1) When you merely use the website for information purposes, i.e. when you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) DS-GVO):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status / HTTP status code
- the amount of data transferred in each case
- website from which the request comes
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use, and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here to us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functions of which are explained below:
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. This includes in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your mobile device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish the Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g., “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/) or the Adobe Flash Cookie Killer for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
(4) If you would like to apply to us online, you can find further information on the handling of data provided for this purpose in the data protection declaration for online applications.
4. Contact Form
If you contact us via the online form or by e-mail, we will store the information you provide in order to answer your inquiry and ask possible follow-up questions.
5. Integration of Third-Party Services and Content
Our offer may include content, services and performances of other providers. These may include maps provided by Google Maps, videos from YouTube, and graphics and images from other websites. In order for this data to be called up and displayed in the user’s browser, the transmission of the IP address is absolutely necessary. The providers (hereinafter referred to as “third-party providers”) thus recognise the IP address of the respective user.
Although we make every effort to use only third-party providers who only need the IP address to deliver content, we have no influence over whether the IP address may be stored. In this case, this process is used for statistical purposes, among other things. If we are aware that the IP address is stored, we point this out to our users.
6. Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website we use the services of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) When you visit the website, Google receives information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under point 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account with which you are logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a usage profile which it uses it for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of the provider. There you will also find further information about your rights in this regard and setting options for the protection of your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
7. Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We sometimes integrate YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in the “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) When you visit the website, Google receives information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under point 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account with which you are logged in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as a usage profile and uses it for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There you will also find further information about your rights in this regard and setting options for the protection of your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
This website uses so-called cookies. These are text files that are stored on your computer from the server. They contain information about the browser, the IP address, the operating system and the internet connection. This data will not be passed on to third parties or linked to personal data without your consent.
Above all, cookies have two functions. They help us to make it easier for you to navigate through our website and help to display it correctly. They are not used to implant viruses or to start programs.
Users have the option to access our offering without cookies. To do this, the corresponding settings must be changed in the browser. Please inform yourself via the help function of your browser about how cookies are deactivated. However, we would like to point out that if you do this, some functions of this website may be impaired and the user comfort may be reduced. The pages http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (USA) and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/ (Europe) allow you to manage online ad cookies.
9. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer and help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will shorten your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
(3) You may prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and prevent the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) Notably with mobile terminal device it is possible that the plug-in will not work. Additionally you may prevent the data collection by Google by clicking the following link:
There will be placed an Opt-Out-Cookie, which prohibits future data collection at your visit of this website.
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated form, so that a personal relationship can be ruled out. To the extent the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be promptly deleted.
(6) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user through the statistics obtained. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) DS-GVO.
10. Data Economy
We store personal data in accordance with the principles of data avoidance and data economy only as long as it is required or prescribed by law (legal storage period). If the purpose of the information collected no longer applies or if the storage period ends, we block or delete the data.
11. Your Rights to Information, Correction, Blocking, Cancellation and Objection
(1) You have the following rights in connection with us as regards personal data relating to you:
- the right to information,
- the right to correction or deletion,
- the right to limitation of processing,
- the right to oppose the processing,
- the right to data transferability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
12. Objection or Revocation against the Processing of Your Data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which we describe in the following representation of the respective functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing, or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection under the following contact data:
E. Jacobsen GmbH
Große Elbstraße 14
Tel.: (+49) 40 4318 73-0
Fax: (+49) 40 4318 73-20
13. Changes to Our Data Protection Declaration
In order to ensure that our data protection declaration always complies with current legal requirements, we reserve the right to make changes at any time. This also applies in the event that the data protection declaration has to be adapted due to new or revised services, for example new service performances. The new data protection declaration will then take effect the next time you visit our offer.